Organization : Defender Center for Human rights Defender Center- مركز مدافع
Position : Project Assistant
Duration: 6 months-renewable
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Starting date : Immediately
Sub : Recruitment/Defender Center
Dead line on 06 July 2018
The Defender Center for Human rights (DCHR) is an independent non-governmental organization that works to create a focal point in Tunis for Libyan defenders, activists and media workers which were forced to flee the country, in order to document their cases, give them support and advise; Integrate defenders in working groups in Tunis; Link them with INGOs providing financial, legal and physiological assistance; Mapping defenders and associations working in Libya and assessment of major breaches and their needs.
Members of Libyan Defenders Network are representatives of NCCHR, Libyan Judges association, Libyan Network for legal aid, IDPs association Rahma as well as numerous professional journalists and media workers. Members have a proven records and achievements as associations and persons who are fighting for the promotion of human rights in Libya before, during and after the revolution of 2011.
The Project Assistant provides support to the team and in particular to the Project coordinator for the implementation of DCHR program.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Program implementation :
Assist in monitoring the situation of Libyan defenders and mapping.
Assist in drafting press releases, regular
News bulletin, urgent appeals and other advocacy efforts aimed at improving the protection of Libyan defenders.
Facilitate advocacy campaigns and communication.
Assist in the design and delivery of training in capacity building on security of information, IT& network security, proper documentation, networking and advocacy campaigns.
2. Administrative tasks
Draft minutes and events reports.
Organize logistics of meetings, workshops, trainings and seminars.
Providing reports and information upon request.
Assist with other tasks as necessary.
– A university degree in (Human Rights, social sciences, International Relations or related area of studies).
– Excellent analytical skills and a strong understanding of the sociopolitical context of Libya.
– Demonstrated commitment to universal human rights.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
– Willingness and ability to work extra hours (sometimes during weekends), able to work in harsh, unstable and difficult conditions, independently and in a team.
– Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills
– Fluency in Arabic and English, working knowledge of French an asset.